How It Works? Buying Real Estate with Bitcoin & Crypto
Search for real estate properties on our platform. You can buy an apartment, house, villa, land or commercial property in any of our locations with Bitcoin & crypto. Use our advanced search to filter by location, property type, price, size, additional features and more.
Once you find a property you are interested in, simply contact us, and we will connect you with our experienced partners. We only work with the top real estate agencies in each county. With them you can schedule an appointment to view the selected property. They will provide you with support through the whole process and offer you additional similar properties available for sale with crypto.
Ready to buy? Our experienced legal consultants who successfully completed multiple property purchases with Bitcoin & crypto will provide you with all the necessary information, including the exact process, taxes and fees. In some jurisdictions, you would have to pass an AML (Anti-Money Laundering) and KYC process with them before proceeding with the purchase.
Terms & Contract
Negotiate and agree on the sale and payment terms with the seller and sign the contract. Depending on the owner of the desired property and country regulations, our partners might need to exchange your crypto for fiat currency in order to complete the purchase. In that case, you will be in full control of the exchange time & rate.
Once the transaction is complete, the real estate property will be registered to your name. You can pay fully or partly with Bitcoin and few other major crypto currencies. Congratulations!
Where can I get more information specific to my jurisdiction?
Consult with our own real estate experts and / or financial advisor, or local partners who are knowledgeable about cryptocurrency transactions and local real estate laws.
What are the legal formalities?
Throughout the process and after the transfer is confirmed there is a range of legal formalities to legally register the property in the buyer’s name. Our real estate attorney and / or legal advisor will help you navigate these formalities, ensure legal compliance, and protect your interests. This process can vary depending on the jurisdiction, but generally includes the following steps:
- Preparation of Legal Documents: This includes drafting and finalizing the sale agreement and any other necessary legal documents that formally record the terms of the sale and the transfer of ownership.
- Verification of Seller’s Ownership: It’s crucial to verify that the seller has the legal right to sell the property. This usually involves checking the title deed and any related property records.
- Payment of Applicable Taxes and Fees: Depending on the jurisdiction, various taxes and fees may be applicable, such as stamp duty, capital gains tax, or registration fees. These must be calculated and paid as required by local laws.
- Property Registration: The property needs to be registered in the local land registry or equivalent government body. This formalizes the transfer of ownership and is a key legal requirement.
- Updating Local Authorities: Informing local municipal and tax authorities about the change in property ownership is often necessary for tax assessments and public records.
- Ensuring Compliance with Local Regulations: Depending on the location, there may be additional regulations to comply with, such as building codes or homeowner association rules.
- Legal Representation: Our real estate attorney and / or legal advisor will help you navigate these formalities, ensure legal compliance, and protect your interests.
What additional considerations should I keep in mind?
Consider tax implications, exchange rate fluctuations, and transaction fees during the crypto payments transaction and / or fiat conversion. Our legal & financial advisors will be assisting you providing guidance and consulting along the entire purchase journey.
Is there a fee involved in this conversion process?
Yes, there is a fee for the crypto to fiat conversion, typically ranging between 2% to 5%. The exact fee depends on the transaction amount and the policies of the involved crypto payments provider and intermediary.
How is the fiat currency transferred to the seller?
Post-conversion, the intermediary transfers the fiat currency to the seller. This process ensures that the seller receives the payment in their preferred currency format.
What happens to the cryptocurrency once it’s sent to the intermediary’s wallet?
After the buyer sends cryptocurrency to the intermediary’s wallet, it is automatically converted into fiat currency. The specific conversion rate is determined at the time of the transaction.
How is the deal processed when the seller requires fiat currency?
Once the deal is agreed upon, the intermediary opens a merchant account with the crypto payments provider. They then send an invoice to the buyer for the purchase amount + fees. The buyer transfers the agreed cryptocurrency amount to this wallet.
What happens if the seller doesn’t accept cryptocurrency directly?
In cases where the seller does not accept cryptocurrency directly, a conversion process is required. This typically involves the involvement of an intermediary, such as a local attorney or a title/escrow company. They facilitate the conversion of cryptocurrency to fiat currency. In partnership with a crypto payments provider (e.g., BitPay, Binance). In some occasions and jurisdictions, when legal regulations allow it, Crypto Real Estate can act as a conversion intermediary as well.
What are the steps for purchasing real estate with crypto directly from the seller?
- Find a Property: Search the marketplace for properties, inquire about a particular property and we will let you know whether the seller accepts cryptocurrency directly. Note: If you don’t find a particular property that meets your criteria on our website, feel free to inquire directly with us. Provide your specific preferences, and we will proactively search for a fitting property for you.
- Verify Legal Compliance: Ensure that using crypto for real estate transactions is legal in the jurisdiction where the deal takes place. Our experts will provide all the relevant information. Generally, all the locations represented on our marketplace are legally fit for direct crypto real estate transactions.
- Property Viewing: Together with our local partners, we help you arrange a visit to the property to assess its condition, location, and suitability for your needs.
- Conduct Due Diligence: Perform property inspections and legal checks.
- Secure a Crypto Wallet: Ensure you have a secure crypto wallet for the transaction.
- Negotiate the Deal: Agree on the price and terms with the seller.
- Transfer Cryptocurrency: Send the agreed-upon cryptocurrency to the seller. Utilize smart contracts for secure and transparent transactions whenever relevant.
- Complete Legal Formalities: Register the property as per local laws (see below).
Is the process the same in all jurisdictions?
The process is subject to jurisdiction-specific considerations, as local laws and regulations governing real estate and cryptocurrency vary significantly.
What is Crypto Real Estate marketplace?
A platform where real estate transactions can be initiated and conducted using cryptocurrency as a medium of exchange. We are largest real estate marketplace where you can buy & sell properties with cryptocurrency. 1,700+ listings in 80+ countries worldwide.
What cryptocurrency can I use to buy real estate?
The preferred cryptocurrencies for real estate transactions are Bitcoin, Ethereum, USDT, and USDC. Our real estate partners have the flexibility to choose the coins they accept for property purchases. However, it’s worth noting that Crypto Real Estate is well-equipped to facilitate transactions with a broad spectrum of the top 10 cryptocurrencies.
Is it safe to buy real estate with Bitcoin & Crypto?
Yes, it is safe to buy real estate with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. The process is similar to traditional transactions with fiat currency, involving lawyers and notaries for added security. The primary difference is the mode of payment, which is in cryptocurrency.
Can I buy real estate with Bitcoin or crypto?
Absolutely! You can use cryptocurrency for purchasing real estate. This can be accomplished through a direct wallet-to-wallet transaction or by taking advantage of our crypto-to-fiat services, depending on the specific jurisdiction or property in question.